Stars of the San Francisco Opera. Taped from the Southern California Gas Company's Evening
Concerts, October 1967. They were transferred to computer disk in September 2008.
Sadly, I somehow missed taping Volume 5, mentioned by the narrator
as upcoming at the end of Volume 4.
I will appreciate any messages regarding errors in transferring the arias or the
table of contents. I believe that these songs are in the public domain, and I hope visitors will find this presentation
both enjoyable and useful.
Volume 1: 1923 to 1927 inclusive
- Giovanni Martinelli — Que gelida manina, from La Boheme, by Puccini.
- Beniamino Gigli — Un Di Al Azuro Spazio, from Andrea Chenier, by Giordano.
- Beniamino Gigli, Giuseppe de Luca, Amelita Galli-Curci, Louise Homer — Quartet , from Rigoletto, by Verdi.
- Claudia Muzio — Addio del passato, from La Traviata, by Verdi.
- Giuseppe de Luca — Di Provenza, from La Traviata, by Verdi.
- Beniamino Gigli — E Lucevan le Stelle, from Tosca, by Puccini.
- Tito Schippa and Mafalda Favero — Cherry Duet, from L'Amico Fritz, by Mascagni.
- Riccardo Stracciari — Largo al Factotum, from The Barber of Seville, by Rossini.
- Antonio Cortis — Recondita Armonia, from Tosca, by Puccini.
- Marcel Journet — Mephistopheles Serenade, from Faust, by Gounod.
- Claudia Muzio — Tacea la Notte, from Il Trovatore, by Verdi.
- Enrico Caruso, Louise Homer, Marcel Journet — Trio, from Samson and Delilah, by Saint-Saëns.
- Antonio Scotti — Cantabile de Scarpia, from Tosca, by Puccini.
- Ann Roselle — In Questa Reggia, from Turandot, by Puccini.
- Enrico Caruso and Giovanni Martinelli — Temple Scene, from Aida, by Verdi.
Volume 2: 1928 to 1932 inclusive
- Lawrence Tibbet — Va Tosca, from Tosca, by Puccini.
- Elisabeth Rethberg — Ritorna Vincitor, from Aida, by Verdi.
- Maria Jeritza — Seguidilla, from Carmen, by Bizet.
- Ezio Pinza — Le Veau d'Or, from Faust, by Gounod.
- Giacomo Lauri-Volpi and Elisabeth Rethberg — Nile Duet, from Aida, by Verdi.
- Tito Schipa — Com E Gentil, from Don Pasquale, by Donizetti.
- John Charles Thomas — Salome! Salome!, from Herodiade, by Massenet.
- Beniamino Gigli — Dei Mie Bollente Spiriti, from La Traviata, by Verdi.
- Elisabeth Rethberg — Dich Teure Halle, from Tannhauser, by Wagner.
- Friedrich Schorr — Wahn Monologue, from Die Meistersinger, by Wagner.
- Ezio Pinza — Vecchia Zimarra, from La Boheme, by Puccini.
- Lili Pons — Caro Nome, from Rigoletto, by Verdi.
- Dino Borgioli — Ella Mi Fu Rapita and Parmi Veder Le Lagrime, from Rigoletto, by Verdi.
- Ezio Pinza — Possenti Numi, from The Magic Flute, by Mozart.
- Ezio Pinza — Qui Sdegno Non S Accende, from The Magic Flute, by Mozart.
Volume 3: 1933 to 1937 inclusive
- Lucrezia Bori — Gavotte, from Manon, by Massenet
- Lawrence Tibbett — Standin' in the Need of Prayer, from The Emperor Jones, by Gruenberg
- Richard Crooks — A Fuyez Douce Image , from Manon, by Massenet
- Lauritz Melchoir — Hymn to Venus , from Tannhauser, by Wagner
- Kirsten Flagstad — Yo-To-Ho , from Die Walküre, by Wagner
- Lauritz Melchior — Forging Song , from Siegfried, by Wagner
- Kirsten Flagstad — Liebestod , from Tristan and Isolde, by Wagner
- Bruna Castagna — My Heart at Thy Sweet Voice , from Samson and Delilah, by Saint-Saëns
- Lawrence Tibbett and Giovanni Martinelli — Si Pel Ciel , from Otello, by Verdi
- Gina Cigna — Casta Diva, from Norma, by Bellini
- Lili Pons — Bel Song , from Lakmé, by Delibes
- Lauritz Melchior — In Fernam Land, from Lohengrin, by Wagner
- Kirsten Flagstad — Komm Hoffnung , from Fidelio, by Beethoven
- Rene Maison — Florestan's Aria , from Fidelio, by Beethoven
Volume 4: 1938 to 1942 inclusive
- Elisabeth Rethberg and Ezio Pinza — La Ci Darem La Mano, from Don Giovanni, by Mozart
- Mafalda Favero and Allesandro Ziliani — Love Duet, from Madame Butterfly, by Puccini
- Galliano Massini and Carlo Tagliabue — Solenne In Quest'Ora, from La Forza del Destino, by Verdi
- Bidu Sayao — Adieu Notre Petite Table, from Manon, by Massenet
- Marjorie Lawrence — Closing Scene from Salomé, from Salomé, by Richard Strauss
- Nino Martini — Questa O Quella, from Rigoletto, by Verdi
- Dusolina Giannini and Beniamino Gigli — Santuzzo-Turiddu Duet, from Cavalleria Rusticana, by Mascagni
- Elisabeth Rethberg and Ezio Pinza — Se A Caso Madama, from The Marriage of Figaro, by Mozart
- Jussi Bjoerling — Di Tu Se Fidele, from A Masked Ball, by Verdi
- Robert Weede — Pari Siamo, from Rigoletto, by Verdi
- Lili Pons — Chacun Le Sait, from Daughter of the Regiment, by Donizetti
- Gladys Swarthout — Habanera, from Carmen, by Bizet
- Lawrence Tibbett — Ah! Figlia Tal Nome Palpita, from Simon Boccanegra, by Verdi
- (This song is a duet, but the narrator does not identify, or even mention, the soprano.)
- Robert Weede — Toreador Song, from Carmen, by Bizet
- Jan Peerce — La Donna e Mobile, from Rigoletto, by Verdi